This tutorial will help you to install windows 8.1 in vmware workstation from beginning to the end. So, read and follow this to install windows 8.1 in your vmware workstation, without any of errors.
What are the required files for install windows 8.1 on VMware?
- VM ware workstation
- Windows 8.1 disk image file
Install process of windows 8.1 on vmware
Just watch the following tutorial or read and follow the bellow steps
- Install the vmware workstation on your PC and activate it.
- You can earn the activation codes for VMware following GitHub link
- Then launch vmware
- Click “create a new virtual machine” option
- Select “custom-advanced” option and click next
- Click next option
- Select windows 8.1 disk image file and, next
- Skip product key window for a while. And if you wish to create a password and username you can do it now.
- Click next
- You can choose the processors from the next step. One processor is enough to run win 8.1, but if you wish you can increase. (This needs you to have the hardware requirements). That mean if you have 4 CPU cores you can increase vm processors up to 2). Increasing processors without hardware requirements will lead you to errors.
- Click next
- Change the RAM size for VM OS from the next screen. (Windows 8.1 will run normally if you only select atleast 2 GB or 3GB ram). You can increase your ram size up to 30 percent from the installed ram on your PC (Which means If your PC have 8GB ram you can use 2gb as virtual machine ram). If you have selected more than that, it may affect to the performance of the computer, and you won’t be able to do any work when VM launches.
- Click the next until reach to the “Specify Disk Capacity” window
- Change the size of the virtual hard drive to run windows 8.1 (35 GB to 45GB is enough. This depends on your requirements and the work that you are planning to do with the VMware)
- Click and enable “allocate all disk space now” and “split virtual disk into multiple files” options for gain a better performance. But selecting “allocate all disk space now” option will automatically allocate selected disk space in the finish window. If you removed that tic, your virtual machine may be slower, but it will only increase the disk size as your disk usage of win 8.1 virtual OS.
- If you enabled “store the hard drive into a single file” method, it will help you to share your installed virtual OS into other computers also.
- Click next
- You can select the virtual Machine hard drive location from this window, and it will help you to change place where locate the virtual disk image file created by VMWare. Because if the size of your virtual image is taken more than 50GB or higher, it’s not safe to save in local disk C because we need more free space on C drive.
- Click next until reaching o finish window
- Click finish and wait until the completely created of virtual machine to run win 8.1. This may take about 10- 15 minute as the performance of your hard drive. This happens if only when select “allocate all disk space now” option. Because it’s going to write that much of a virtual hard machine image now on your hard disk (This is an empty disk space for install windows 8.1).
If you can’t launch virtual machine, follow these steps
- Open start menu and search for windows features
- Open turn on or off windows features
- And disable followings
- Virtual machine platform
- Windows sandbox
- Windows subsystem for Linux
- Windows hypervisor
- Press ok wait and wait until complete the process. Then reboot the pc
- Now you will be able to run windows 8.1 on your pc
Run the Virtual System and wait until its getting ready
This will automatically install the windows 8.1 on VMware.
How to activate windows 8.1 on vmware?
- Install windows additional tools for vmware (If you can’t find it, just restart windows 8.1 VM. Then notification will be appeared after boot (down line). Just do what they ask. Open my PC (VM) and run CD drive to install tools. Reboot)
- Goto this KMS official site and download K M S Pico
- Import it to VM (Drag and drop or copy and paste – this will not allowed if u skipped above step)
- Password (officialkmspico.com)
- Install and search in windows start menu to launch
- Click the red button to activate windows 8.1
For quick responses ✌️