Install Windows 7 on VMWARE workstation pro | A to Z full tutorial of installing win 7 on VMware
Installing process of windows 7 on vmware workstation is very usable for us to use an old windows operating system in our PC’s without really installing windows old builds. It helps us to access to a virtual system without deleting our data and apps.
What are the required files that we need to install windows 7 on VMware?
- VM ware workstation
- Windows 7 disk image file
How to install windows 7 on vm ware?
Just watch the following tutorial if you have any problem
- Firstly, you need to run the vmware setup and completely install vmware workstation on your PC
- You can get the activation code for VMware following GitHub link
- Then open vmware workstation
- Goto “create a new virtual machine option”
- Select “custom-advanced” and click next
- Again, click on the next option
- Select windows 7 disk image file and click next
- Skip product key window. And if you wish to create a password and username you can do it from here
- Click next
- You can change the name of the virtual machine from here
- You can change the processors from the next stage. One processor is enough to run win 7, but if you need you can increase. (This needs you to have the hardware requirements. Which means, if you have 4 cores you can stably increase vm processors up to 2)
- Click next
- Change the RAM size from the next screen. (Windows 7 will run smoothly if you only select atleast 2 GB ram). You can increase your ram size up to 30% from the installed ram on your PC. If your PC have 8GB ram you can use 2gb as virtual machine ram. If you have selected more than that, it may affect to the performance of the original PC.
- Click the next until reaching to the “Specify Disk Capacity window”
- Change the virtual hard drive size to run windows 7 (30 to 35 GB is enough. This depends on your requirements and the work that you are planning to do with the win 7 virtual system)
- Select and enable “allocate all disk space now” and “split virtual disk into multiple files” tics for better performance. But selecting “allocate all disk space now” option will automatically write selected disk space at once. If you removed that tic, your virtual machine may slower but it will only increase the disk size as your usage memory usage of win 7 virtual OS.
- If you selected “store the hard drive into a single file” option, it will help you to share your already installed virtual system into another PCs also.
- Click next
- You can select the virtual OS location from this window, and it will help you to change location of the virtual disk image file which create by VMWare. Because if the size of your virtual disk is more than 50GB or higher than that, this window will help you to change the virtual hard create location and move it onto another drive for save the storage of local disk C.
- Click finish and wait until the completion of virtual disk image and OS creation process. This may take sometimes to complete the process, if you have selected this “allocate all disk space now” option because it’s going to write that much of a virtual hard drive now on your hard disk (This is an empty space for install windows 7).
If the virtual machine is closed with errors, follow these steps
- Open start menu and search for windows features
- Open turn on or off windows features
- And disable followings
- Virtual machine platform
- Windows sandbox
- Windows subsystem for Linux
- Windows hypervisor
- Press ok wait and wait until complete the process. Then reboot the pc
- Now you will be able to run windows 7 on your pc
Run the Virtual System and wait until its getting ready
This process will automatically complete the installation of windows 7 on VMware workstation.
How to activate windows 7 on vmware?
- Install windows additional tools for vmware (If you can’t find it, Just restart windows 7 VM. Then notification will be appeared after boot. Just do what they ask. Open my PC and run CD drive to install tools. Reboot)
- Goto this site and download K M S Pico
- Import it to VM (Drag and drop or copy and paste)
- Password (officialkmspico.com)
- Install and search in windows start menu to launch
- Click the red button to activate windows 7
For quick responses ✌️