Windows 11 / 10 search, setting search fix on any pc
Steps for fixing windows 11 search
- Firstly, we need to uninstall windows Cortana.
- Open windows terminal as admin by right-clicking on the start menu
- Give administrator permission to windows terminal
- Then enter the following command into the terminal
Open control panel – if you don’t know the way of opening it watch the videoThen find indexing optionsChange indexing directory to another directory/folder
- Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage
Now rebuild your index – This will take some time to complete about 30minDuring this process, Press the start key + R button on your keyboardEnter the following commandWait until completing of resetting the data of Microsoft store it will automatically open windows storeThen reach this website and install Microsoft Cortana once again
- Eg; c/search (create and select it)
- Now your setting search and also taskbar search will work perfectly
Still, I have the problem what can I do?
These are the simple steps that you can do if your problem isn’t fixed.
- Press Ctrl+ Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open the task manager
- Click on more details.
- Find SearchHost.exe, Search, Search ui, search indexer and force close them – End task
- Find and restart windows explorer
- Now click on the Services tab and click on open services
- Find windows search or Wsearch and right-click on it then restart
- Or go to properties and change startup type to automatic- delayed start then click on recovery tab and change both two values to 0 and apply ok
- Now restart and try…
Still, I have the issue?
- right-click on the start menu
- Run windows terminal as admin
- Copy and right-click on it to paste this command
Then press enter to run it
- msdt.exe -ep WindowsHelp id SearchDiagnostic
If it’s the same let’s remove bing search and try.
- Press Windows key + R
- Enter regedit and press enter to open registry editor
- Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Click on software
- Go to Microsoft – windows – current version – search
Now right-click on it and create NEW – DWORD 32 Bit value named BingSearchEnabledOnly if you cant find BingSearchEnabled keyNow double click on it and change value to 0Press ok and restart pc
Final fix CFT loader
- Goto this path from explorer C:\Windows\System32
- Find cftmon.exe
- Copy it – (don’t cut)
- Now go to c user and your username and find this folder
Past the copied cftmon.exe into this Startup folder and restart PC
- C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Following these steps will fix your windows 11 , windows 10 windows 8.1 almost all the search problems.
In this tutorial only I have mentioned the necessary steps of fixing the windows 11 search. Because, I have suffered from this problem about one or two weeks. However I’ve able to fix my problem with these steps. So, I believe you also should be able to fix your froblem from following this guide.
If you were able to fix your search or not please comment below.
For quick responses
Join us through ✌️
For business inquiries: Email