A report of Metro Newspaper
This research is based on the data and information of 1st year 2nd semester
My advice to all readers
- FOUR ways that Metro differentiates its brand from traditional daily newspapers.
- Metro is a free newspaper
- They produce for targeting a most valuable customer base
- Metro is a future newspaper
- Metro is a one-newspaper that won the future marketplace
- Why do these differences increase Metro’s appeal to younger consumers
- External influences currently affecting the newspaper market
- Government influence on the newspaper industry
- Advertisers influence the newspaper market
- Effects of interest groups on the newspaper market
- Effects of other media on the newspaper market
- Effects of community concerns on the newspaper industry.
- Evaluate the impact of these influences on the metro in the short and medium-term.
- Government influence on the Metro
- Influence of advertisers on the Metro
- Effects of interest groups on the Metro
- Effects of other media on Metro
- Effects of community concerns to Metro
Metro is a British newspaper which highest-circulation newspaper in the United Kingdom. It is published in tabloid format by DMG Media. Metro was a free newspaper and it was launched in 1995. Metro is the 4th biggest newspaper in the United Kingdom. Here we are going to analyze the market situation of the Metro and its effects from the industry to the Metro.
Metro is a free newspaper – Targeting the reach of the people and earning their trust, Metro launch their newspaper as a free information source. Also, most of the present and future generations didn’t waste their time and money for a bought daily newspaper. So we can assume that Metro identified the present and future market behavior and also they gave the best answer for this market situation. They produce for targeting the most valuable customer base – When we considered Metro’s customer base we can see, Metro has the biggest and favored customer base from age of 16 to 44. Most of them are employers (86% from them- according to market research). So this is the most important reason for receiving advertisements from other companies. Also, they are the 4th biggest newspaper in the British. Metro earns its place on the market without needing customers to buy their newspaper. This is a very good and important reason to different Metro from other traditional newspaper
Who is the new generation of newspaper readers? Where do they come from? What are their jobs and how much do they earn? What do they do in their spare time? What do they think about the world, innovations, world wars? Metro is a newspaper that identified the feelings of new generations. Metro, the morning newspaper distributed free in eight British cities, has set up a panel of 3,020 of its readers which allows it to monitor their views on a whole range of issues. The average age of the Metro readers is 29. Most of them are men (around 60%). The new executive director of Metro said, “These are the people who work at the heart of the UK service economy, a blueprint of modern Britain”. With this, we can get a clear idea about Metro’s target market. They produce for targeting younger customers of the United Kingdom. Metro website). Also, they have a mobile app named UK News App this application comes with small puzzles, a photo gallery, the latest news in brief, and many more futures like their newspaper.
The news industry and also a newspaper industry will directly affect the government, culture, society, education, economy, and many more field of a country. According to this, the newspaper industry will be directly influenced by many groups of a country, including the government, advertisers, interest groups, other media, community concerns, environmental society groups, and many more social groups.
- DEMOGRAPHICS (age, gender, income, education)
- PSYCHOGRAPHICS (attitudes, lifestyles, interests).
Advertisers buy space from newspapers that have the best target audience for their products. Some advertisers try to threaten newspapers for their own benefits. Also, most of them try to promote the articles which promote their industry. As an example of this, we can take that most of the newspaper companies aren’t posting articles that relate to the health effects of smoking.
My advice to all readers